This position is responsible for proficiency in all areas of a retail operation. The position serves as the second in charge of operations to the Store Manager. Duties include providing leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive customer shopping experience and performing operational activities throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to the store Team Members. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid drivers license.
Experience: Previous retail leadership experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid drivers license.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read, write, and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team Members.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots are generally hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to this positions job duties efficiently, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register).
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
- Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements:1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime, as dictated by business needs. 3. Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and procedures. 4. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Proficient in all Team Leader and Receiver functions.
- This position is required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every person in this position be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
- Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and delegating of daily tasks.
- Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling, hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and development, and maintaining a productive work environment.
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Transport and make deposits to the bank.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has a positive experience.
- Lead freight movement, and support merchandising initiatives, feed management, and inventory control.
- Train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
- Operate cash register/computer
- Supervise cash handling procedures.
- Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm calls as needed.
- Operate Forklift and Baler
- Assist customers with loading purchases.
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 2,000 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 300 with annual revenues of more than $12 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live Life out Here!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work! ()
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
TSC EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
At Tractor Supply Company, we strive to provide a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Therefore, we are fully committed to complying with all equal employment opportunity laws. It is the policy of Tractor Supply Company to provide equal opportunity in employment to all Team Members and applicants for employment. The Company will not discriminate in employment against any person because of age, sex, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, uniformed service, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under applicable state or local law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment; and to all policies of Tractor Supply Company including, but not limited to, hiring, training, orientation, placement and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, layoff, social and recreational programs, Team Member facilities, termination, and retirement.