Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal. Job Title: Assistant Manager, Stores & Receiving - Mount Sinai Hospital
The Assistant Manager of Stores and Receiving is responsible for the management, coordination and supervision of the activities of the stores and receiving facility at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is responsible for providing the operational and budgetary variances to management. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans and establishes work schedules and assignments of Supervisors, and monitors performance to meet production goals.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees for bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit positions in the department.
- Provides feedback to Corporate Director of Materials Management on all aspects of operations, staff productivity and budget variances.
- Develops cost savings/labor savings measures when required. Ensures regulatory compliance for all surveys.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures relating to hospital receiving and inventory control applications.
- Maintains and orders appropriate stock levels of inventoried products in Stat Stores. Coordinates replenishment services with distribution center and all outside vendors.
- Trains supervisors on the Inventory Control applications.
- Prepares and furnishes reports on volume activity and staff productivity. Advises manager of changes in resource needs.
- Participates in Labor Relations activities, including disciplinary actions, grievance, arbitrations and terminations.
- Performs follow-up conferences with user departments to ensure quality and consistency of service (Quality of Service).
- Develops policies and procedures for the Emergency Preparedness plan for Stores and Receiving.
- Maintains the proper working order of all facility and materials handling equipment through monitoring and accessing vendor service agreements.
- Participates in bi-annual physical inventories of stores and other materials Management departments as needed.
- Oversees Heart Hospital and other specialty units.
- Performs other related duties.
Strength Through Diversity
- High School Diploma, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum four years experience in Material Management/Stores & Receiving including two years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinais unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together. We invite you to participate actively as a part of the Mount Sinai Health System team by:
- Using a lens of equity in all aspects of patient care delivery, education, and research to promote policies and practices to allow opportunities for all to thrive and reach their potential
- Serving as a role model confronting racist, sexist, or other inappropriate actions by speaking up, challenging exclusionary organizational practices, and standing side-by-side in support of colleagues who experience discrimination
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people and to create an inclusive, welcoming and nurturing work environment where all feel they are valued, belong, and are able to professionally advance. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, contribute to the patient experience and quality of patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our history! Who We Are Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve. Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Lukes, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) provides equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, disability, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, veteran, immigration, citizenship, or other protected status. EOE including Veterans and Disabled