Apply for this job now
- Niles, Ohio
- Job Type
- 1 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
Team environment, newly constructed offices, state of the art technology, and a long standing commitment to our employees and the community are just a few of the reasons to consider joining our team!
When you join the Cafaro Company you become part of the Cafaro Team and Family. You will work alongside team members to achieve ambitious and exciting goals every day. The Assistant Controller should possess strong analytical, research and writing skills, excellent verbal communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
• Train, supervise, and mentor Accounting staff on accounting and audit processes.
• Work closely with Controller to assess performance of Accounting staff
• Provide support to other members of the Accounting Department
• Coordinate workload of Accounting staff
• Provide recommendations and develop remediation for improvements in processes and systems
• Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
• Work closely with Controller in the development of systems and long-range plans
• Communicating audit findings and financial results effectively to senior business management in a clear, constructive and accurate manner
• Review annual audit work paper, financial statements and tax returns
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to enhance business unit knowledge and promote best accounting practices across the Company
• Coordinate with internal and external partners to promote and enhance insurance programs and processes
• Supervise the Accounts Payable staff
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor s degree in Accounting
• 5-7 years general accounting experience
• Strong communication, presentation, problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills in a team environment
• JD Edwards experience helpful
• Highly motivated with strong work ethic and a team player
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook with advanced knowledge of Excel
• Excellent leadership skills with ability to supervise and train
• Competitive Health Care Plan
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness Plan including gym reimbursement
• 9 Paid Holidays
It is the policy of the Company to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and job applicants. The employment practices of the Company are conducted without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, disability, sex (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification as specified under the Equal Employment Opportunity Act of 1972), religion or age.
- Job Reference: 673996574-2
- Date Posted: 1 August 2022
- Recruiter: Cafaro
- Location: Niles, Ohio
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent