Kriya is a next generation gene therapy company focused on expanding the field to new frontiers. We have built a fully integrated, technology enabled platform for rational vector design, analytical characterization, and scalable manufacturing to design and develop gene therapies for diseases with well-understood underlying biology. We believe that rationally engineered gene therapies can transform the treatment of a broad universe of diseases - and we are prepared to lead this revolution in medicine.
Our team is made up of leading scientific experts who are passionate about improving patients lives and easing the burden of these life-changing disorders for patients. We are looking for teammates with the ambition, creativity, and energy to help us build a unique organization.
If you are looking to be a part of a company with an entrepreneurial culture, a bold vision, and a meaningful purpose, Kriya is the company for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director/Associate Director to lead the AAV Vector Production Team within Kriya Technologies. In this role, you will oversee all internal vector production activities, including establishing scalable and reproducible AAV production processes, to generate high-quality AAV preps and high-diversity capsid libraries to support vector screening efforts in vitro and in preclinical animal studies. The successful candidate will have a strong technical foundation in AAV vector production, leadership and project management skills. You will work collaboratively with our Technologies group and across R&D groups to advance the overall pipeline, while contributing significantly to our technology platform.
- Lead the Vector Production Team to establish research-grade upstream and downstream vector production processes suitable for multiple recombinant AAV (rAAV) serotypes
- Collaborate with the Process Sciences team to optimize and implement scale-up processes for production of high-diversity AAV capsid libraries
- Establish testing methodologies and criteria for AAV vector quality and productivity of novel capsid and vector variants
- Collaborate closely with computational biologists and bioinformaticians on data analysis, including next generation sequencing
- Mentor and train junior scientists and research associates and assist in experimental design and execution. Inspire and foster innovation, collaboration, transparency and team effectiveness.
- Design experimental plans based on defined deliverables. Plan activities and resource requirements to meet the project timelines by working closely with project management and senior leadership.
- Manage activities, equipment, inventory and projects of the Vector Production lab
- Analyze and summarize production and AAV quality data. Effectively communicate internally and externally through meetings, presentations, and publication efforts
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date laboratory records and author protocols
- MS or PhD in molecular or cell biology, virology, or a related field with 5-8 years of relevant experience in an industry or academic setting
- Experience with viral production in adherent and suspension cell. rAAV production experienced strongly preferred
- Experience optimizing production and testing methods for gene therapy vectors
- Previous experience leading a team of high-performing individuals
- Experience with growth media selection and optimization and transfection reagent selection
- Strong organization, communication and presentation skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to maintain accurate and organized documentation of lab work and results
- Ability to adapt to new and fast-paced environment and navigate uncertainties
Kriya is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.